QA Automation Engineer
Client: Major Financial Institution
Length: 6 Months Contract
• Prior experience as an Automation engineer.
• Experience in basic Java development.
• Solid understanding of the software development and working experience within Agile environment (Scrums, Sprints, Retrospective, etc… )
• Knowledge of QA methodologies and best practices.
• Experience with JIRA, SQL, DB2, Selenium IDE, QT.
• Experience with ANT, Jenkins, Maven, GIT,
• Good communication skills is vital.
Nice to Have
Exp with C, C++ would be beneficial.
Experience in working with a global team preferred.
Knowledge of financial securities and capital markets would be an asset.
• Create and / or maintain an automated regression test suite as well as test data set.
• Contribute to and maintain team’s internal knowledge base and automation tool set.
•Take an active role in all testing phases, receiving direction from the Test Engineer Manager and offering advice to the Test Manager when needed.
• Create test plans, test cases, test scripts and traceability matrices based on complex business requirements documents and system design documents
• Work with JIRA & Confluence for test case management, defect management, test reporting, and other functions.
• Participate in defect triage meetings and scrums.
• Report testing progress and defect metrics to the project team.
• Review and provide feedback on high-level business requirements, system design documents and testing documents.
• Work closely with business users during user acceptance testing (UAT)
• Liaise with offshore automation and performance team in order to streamline the automation process
• Respond to user questions regarding system behaviour and provide assistance during defect resolution.